2.21.2008

Rose Petals

I figured out how to log in again to write a blog! I, Vlad, have been missing for quite sometime, and it's because computers confound me.

So, on my first blog after my extended absence, I would like to offer some thoughts about summer. I went shopping the other day and found myself in the Kiehls store on Rue Ste. Catherine in Montreal. A fantastic space where magical things happen, the Kiehls store almost made me buy "French Rosewater," a completely useless but utterly tempting product which I would like to see on my bathroom sink. There are actually real rose petals floating around in the old school pharmacy-type bottle, and, when I asked the salesperson to tell me what it's used for she said "Well, it's for freshening the skin, but really I think most people use it for the fragrance." I want to use it to "refresh" my skin in the summer, in front of a rose-flecked, Victorian wash basin, and I don't want to think of it as simply "fragrance." It is all the stuff I romanticize about summer, bottled. I miss summer. I want to wear a dress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yaaaa! you are back. missed you. and i miss summer too. lovley blog. xo