5.17.2008

Montreal + Kelly

So I thought I'd announce it here. Montreal and I are going steady. I am wearing its varsity jacket, its class ring...

I am completely smitten with Montreal, and spend long days staring into its beautiful buildings and nibbling on its croissants. But I am willing to share Montreal with others...I want to shout from the rooftops: "I love this city and I want everyone to know it!"

Ok, so the metaphor stops here, but might I say, I am so proud that tourists are filling the streets of this great city (as annoying as they'll be by Canada Day long weekend, on Victoria Day long weekend, they're still charming), and found myself grinning (perhaps creepily) at the hordes of tourists today.

I love its cheese (which would be gross if I was continuing the 'Montreal-as-human-being' metaphor), I love its buildings, I love its restaurants, and I even love its gentrified used clothing (vintage) stores.

Come to Montreal! I have a futon!

No comments: