11.14.2008

Jonah



A rock ’n’ roller at heart, most of Jonah Krieser's days and nights are consumed by either making or playing music. This November, Jonah and his Ghosts of a Modern Man band mates will record “the greatest album ever that will make you shake your ass”. Following the release, they will be touring “the shit out of it” in 2009. As for 2010, Jonah has a lot more planned — plans which may be bit too explicit for our more delicate prairie dog readers.

What does style mean to you?

I think style is completely owning what it is that you enjoy. I think it’s being confident in whatever is it you are trying put forth, style-wise. It’s what you want to present to people.

Who do you think is the most stylish rocker, dead or alive?

I don't think it is just one person and I think style changes all the time. But I like Nick Cave, PJ Harvey and Karen O.

Who is the first person that comes to your mind who really owns their style?

Michael Jackson. He is a complete total freak, but a genius who did his own shit. Another would be Prince.

In regards to music, has there been a style you wish never existed?

Rick Astley. Modern country music, or country music for the past 20 years.

Do you see anything coming back into style?

I would say the ’50s. But if you ask me, the ’50s are always in style. I think the really good styles from the ’50s will always be timeless and classic. Anything from the ’50s to mid ’60s, but mixed with badass street shit or trashy whatever it is we are doing now.

How would you describe your own style?

I definitely take a lot of influence from the ’50s. Some days I will look in the mirror and think I’m dressed like Jail House Rock Elvis. And when I’m 80 yrs old, I will be wearing the same shit I am wearing now.

Interview and photography by Carey Shaw for Prairie Dog


No comments: