1.24.2009

Traci

Originally a hair stylist, and the first to introduce Aveda to Saskatchewan, Traci Foster is also a working actor. She has written and performed five different pieces of work, and she also teaches breath, body and voice work for relaxation and rejuvenation. This upcoming year she will be working on a new performance piece and will be heading to Los Angeles to study and work for a few months. This Christmas, she is going to try something new and enjoy some simple rest and relaxation.

What is your new project about?

It is all very preliminary, but basically accumulating the seconds since something significant has happened that has have to do with violence, and then taking one step at a time (for each second) with as many people as we can, to start realizing and resolving these issues.

You travel a bit for work. Where has been your favorite place to visit?

L.A. I love everything about L.A. I love the creative energy and the sense of creative spirit. I love being in the midst of likeminded people. This really means nothing more than an eclectic diverse range of human beings. I feel normal there. I love the studios that I study at. They are like a godsend. And the shopping! It never stops! At any moment you might meet someone whose label you are wearing.

The pieces that you are wearing today are from a diverse mix of shops. Is that something you try to do when creating your style?

Yes, unless I am in a bad mood, then I dress monochromatic. I really think of clothing like art. I pick and pull from wherever. And I like to support local stores, like Aria. A lot of what is carried there, are independent Canadian designers. And I like to buy things that are designed or manufactured in Canada. Also, I have come into color just this last year. And all of a sudden, literally, I cannot get enough color. And the less coordinated it is, the better. It feels truly like I found my own style.

What is your favourite piece of clothing?

My favourite piece I have ever bought, I haven’t purchased yet. But I am hoping soon, that it will be a Sarah Pacini sweater. I can envision it in my closet.

Can you give me one word each to describe your style and yourself?

Bright! And strange.

Interview and photography for prairie dog.



No comments: