3.06.2009

Leif and The Professor

WHO: Leif Thorseth and The Professor, Leif is an artist (music and film) WHERE: At home. CLOTHES: Green jacket, $24, Winners; grey zip up, $45, American Apparel; plaid shirt, $11, Old Navy; Gant jeans, $35,Winners. ACCESSORIES: Hand-knit mittens by Auntie Claire; pin was gift from his wife. HAIR: Fran Gilboy.

If you are a fan of the 13th Avenue Coffee house, Leif just may have served you your Saturday afternoon cup of jo. When not working, he has been playing with Rah Rah, and is looking forward to hitting the road with the band in May to tour Canada. In the mean time, and when this hits the news stands, he will be enjoying February in a Trinidad beach house with his wife Ali and her family, while celebrating their grandfather's 90th birthday.

Tell me about The Professor. Well, Ali (his wife) didn't want a cat for a while since she used to be allergic, so every night I would set up the laptop and YouTube “baby kittens.” And Ali would be falling asleep saying “They are so cute!”. And then one day when I was working on Corner Gas, I need to go and look for certain things and I had to go to Victoria Vet. I saw this kitten, who had a broken leg, and fell in love with him in a second. Ali met him and thought he was awesome. We have had him ever since, and he has grown on us dramatically. He just jumps on my back and hangs out.

Anything in your closet that you will never throw out? I have a plaid shirt that I really like. Ali and I were walking on Canada Day about five years ago and I got it at Uforia. It is Spiderman colours. If I stay the same size, I will probably wear it till I die.

How would you describe your style? Awesome. No, but for real, I think I have grown into my own style. It is not going to change. I was wearing the same thing, cords and plaid shirts, when I was six years old. I like jeans, plaid shirt, toque, scarf and a nice pair of mittens. And I do really like shoes. I buy a pair of checkered Vans about every two months.

Into anything new lately? I like a really bad show right now, called Angel. It has everything you need. A universe that is unreal, but they don't break the principles of the universe. It is totally like Star Trek but campier. There is love and love triangles and it is funny.

Music you are listening to right now? I like Michael Gardiner's music and I am really into Q-Tip right now.

Any past band you wish you could have been part of? Fugazi in '89!



No comments: